Applebee’s has a large selection of meals on their menu which is good since their kids’ menu is very limited and contains the usual mac n cheese, corn dog, cheeseburger, etc..which are high in sodium(from 550 mg to 1480!).
Better choices suggestions and recommended substitutions from kids’ meal:
- Chicken griller – ask this to be light on the salt/condiments to reduce sodium
- Fried Shrimp – ask for this to be grilled instead of fried, this will reduce fat, cholesterol and sodium intake
- 4 oz Sirloin
- Baby carrots – limit ranch dressing, ensure is served on the side
- GoGo squeeZ applesauce
- House Salad for Kids – limit dressing, ensure is served on the side. Ask for low-fat and low-sugar
- Steamed Broccoli
- None. Start getting your family used to not eating dessert. Their meal should suffice their appetite, and besides you get to save money!
- Water – Make a habit to always order water for your kids
- Juices – ask for freshly squeezed juice otherwise limit juice intake
- Milk – ask for organic and/or low fat, limit or avoid milk intake
Documents and links subject to updates without notice, check with restaurant regularly