Chick-fil-A chicken is made from whole breast-meat chicken and approximately 20% of it is already free from antibiotics (expecting to be at 100% free by 2019). Serves fresh fruit and fresh squeezed lemonade. Fries and hash browns are cooked in canola oil.
Better choices suggestions and recommended substitutions for kids’ meal:
- Grilled chicken Nuggets – see nutrition totals from chic-fil-a website
- Chick-Fil-A nuggets – small size or combine half grilled, half breaded
- Chick-Fil-A Grilled chicken sandwich – no sauce
- Chick-Fil-A Grilled chicken club sandwich – without the cheese and no sauce
- Chick-fil-a chick-n-minis
- Mutligrain oatmeal
- Mutligrain bagel
- Oatmeal w/ topping
- Buddy Fruits
- Fresh fruit cup
- Small fries
- 1 biscuit – yes, only one has 310 calories and 14g fat, 22% daily value!
- Water – Make a habit to always order water for your kids
- Juices – ask for freshly squeezed juice and no sugar added otherwise limit juice intake
- Milk – ask for organic and/or low fat, limit or avoid milk intake
- Icedream Cone – if you must, this would be the best choice, but still has 25g of sugar. Ask for it to be on a cup instead, no added syrup!
- Start getting your family used to not eating dessert. Their meal should suffice their appetite, and besides you get to save money!
Documents and links subject to updates without notice, check with restaurant regularly