This chicken recipe is not only yummy for the entire family but packed with protein and nutrients.
Why is it good for your health:
Its vitamin C from Broccoli and pineapple help boost immune system.
Choose clean ingredients by replacing soy sauce with coconut amino acids and cornstarch with tapioca or arrowroot powder.
A nutritious and yummy meal the entire family will enjoy. Quick to make too!
- 1 cup COOKED rice, preferably brown rice
- 12 ounces broccoli florets about 2-3 cups
- 1 tablespoon avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro
Healthy alternative tip:
Cornstarch is usually derived from Genetically Modified (GMO) corn and usually contain harmful pesticides. Learn more about the GMO facts and what it does to our bodies here.
My top two most non-GMO cornstarch alternatives:
Arrowroot Powder: It may be substituted in an approximately equal amount to cornstarch, but may need to be cooked a bit longer to get the same effect
Tapioca Powder: Less expensive than Arrowroot Powder if budget is a concern. You can usually substitute 2 teaspoons