Olive Garden have come a long way to improve their overall nutrition on their menus. They have enhanced nutrition by reducing sodium, calories and fat. They have removed soda option from kid’s menu. Yay! Olive garden includes nutrition information on their menu so you are able to make a better conscious decision about what to order.
Better choices suggestions and recommended substitutions from kids’ meal and some from regular menu:
- Kids’ crate your own pasta – add veggies and a protein such chicken or meatballs
- Famous house salad (no croutons) – dressing on the side
- Herb Grilled Salmon
- Kid’s Rotini with Marinara
- Kids’ Rotini with Meat Sauce
- Stuffed Mushrooms with bacon
- Grilled chicken- ask to be seasoned lightly
- Steamed broccoli
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Raspberry Sauce – if you must! but start getting your family used to not eating dessert. Their meal should suffice their appetite, and besides you get to save money!
- Water – Make a habit to always order water for your kids
- Juices – ask for freshly squeezed juice or 100% fruit, limit juice intake
- Milk – ask for organic and/or low fat, limit or avoid milk intake
Documents and links subject to updates without notice, check with restaurant regularly